Friday, May 23, 2014

Hazy Mother's Day in the Ouachita National Forest

I've said it before, I always seem to be in a hurry to get somewhere or to get home, and never have time to shoot anything interesting or fun coming from or going to a job.  Case in point; two weeks ago I was assigned the graduation ceremonies for University of Arkansas in Fayetteville.  I was late leaving and so I drove through the switchbacks of the Ouachita National Forest in Southeastern Oklahoma at night, and partially in the rain.  I described it as the setting for the horror movie Wrong Turn: Oklahoma because it's the kind of out of the way place that if you disappear no one will ever find you. 

Anyway it was night driving up so I got to see nothing, on the way back I was trying to get back because it was Mother's Day and the wife was understandably upset that I wasn't there to begin with and even more annoyed that I wouldn't be making it back into town before noon.  It was a beautiful morning with sparse clouds and I had a good sunrise getting out of Arkansas, but once I hit the Ouachita again a haze rolled in and blanketed the low peaks, this is the only look out cut into 259 that I saw and I caught it as a little sun was trying to break through.  I wish I would have been able to sit for a while and see if I could have had a little more hit the valley, but it's not a bad shot.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home